Treknow, Tintagel village, Cornwall
Treknow is a small village in Tintagel civil parish.
It is situated 19 miles (31 km) north of Bodmin, 4 miles (6.4 km) north-west of Camelford, and 1 mile (1.6 km) west of Tintagel, grid reference SX056868.
Treknow is mentioned as a manor (under the name of 'Tretdeno') in Domesday Book. Slate was quarried here from about 1305 to shortly before the Second World War. Many of the quarries were on the coast and later others were opened in the Trebarwith valley. One of the oldest is Lanterdan, recorded in 1493. Bagalow Quarry near Hole beach was an enterprise of Edgar Jeffray in the early 19th century. A small copper mine also operated here in the latter years of the 18th century.
Stay at a nearby Holiday Park and keep the kids amused all day! Parks in the vicinity include those at:
Plenty of hotels are available locally. Consider those in the local towns: