Germoe village, Cornwall
The parish of Germoe (Cornish: Sen Germow) is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Kerrier. It is bounded on the north, east and south by Breage, and on the west by St Hilary. This was eminently a mining parish, but it also had some good farms. Originally, the houses and shops were built to satisfy the needs of miners digging for tin and china clay, but today both these industries have ceased and the village survives with about a third of the population that existed in 1841. A war memorial stands on Tregonning Hill, the highest point in the parish.
Stay at a nearby Holiday Park and keep the kids amused all day! Parks in the vicinity include those at:
Plenty of hotels are available locally. Consider those in the local towns: