Easter - end October: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Tel. +44(0)1726 843 568
History's first mention of Mevagissey is in 1313, but its fine, harbourside museum suggests it is much older. Older even than the two 6th century Irish missionaries who gave it its name, or the archaeologically attested trade with Phoenicians in copper and tin. A museum piece itself, the building in which the exhibits are housed belongs to the 18th century when it was used to construct and repair vessels for smuggling.