East Pool Mine
End March to End October - Closed Tuesdays
Tel. 01209 315027
Impressive Cornish beam engines and industrial heritage discovery centre.
At the very heart of the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site sit these two great beam engines, originally powered by high-pressure steam boilers introduced by local hero Richard Trevithick.
Preserved in their towering engine houses, they are a reminder of Cornwall's days as a world-famous centre of industry, engineering and innovation. Our pumping engine is one of the largest surviving Cornish beam engines in the world, and our restored winding engine can be seen in action daily.
So come and enjoy our film, displays, models and knowledgeable guides, and discover the whole dramatic story of Cornish mining.
* Family activities and trails
* Hands-on exhibits and working models
* Massive working beam engine
* Dress up as a balmaiden or miner
* Watch our fascinating film about mining in Cornwall
* Gateway to the World Heritage Site celebrating Cornish mining
SAT NAV: TR15 3ED